Posted on Jan. 31, 2020
On Thursday 30 January 2020 the 30th edition of the CLIN (Computational Linguistics in the Netherlands) conference took place.
Various LT3 colleagues presented their work:
- Orphée talked about automatic event extraction from news articles in the framework of the #NewsDNA project and her latest research on automated writing evaluation.
- Margot and Jasper both presented posters. Margot explained research on "Literary MT under the magnifying glass: Assessing the quality of an NMT-translated Agatha Christie novel", which is part of the ArisToCAT project and Jasper introduced his PhD-project, namely "IVESS: Intelligent Vocabulary and Example Selection for Spanish vocabulary learning".
- Together with prof. Patrick Goethals, Jasper also presented a poster on "Spanish ‘se’ and ‘que’ in Universal Dependencies (UD) parsing: a critical review".
- Ayla presented the latest results of her PhD-project HAMLET: Hybrid Adaptable Machine Learning approach to Extract Terminology.
- Finally, Sofie presented her research, which she partly performed as an LT3-intern, on the "Automatic Detection of English-Dutch and French-Dutch Cognates on the basis of Orthographic Information and Cross-Lingual Word Embeddings"
During the concluding reception, LT3 was also very happy to reveal that we will be organizing next year's CLIN31!