From June 20 till June 25 the 13th edition of the LREC conference took place in Marseille.
Various colleagues from LT3 were there to present new work:
- On Monday there were LT3 presentations at two designated workshops:
- Ayla presented her demo D-Terminer at the Term21 workshop (paper).
- Sofie presenter a poster at the NLPerspectives workshop. For this work she experimented with using a Wizard of Oz technique to collect a corpus of written human-computer conversations in the domain of customer service (paper).
- From Tuesday till Thursday three presentations were given at the main conference:
- Joke presented the GECO-MT corpus, a novel resource of eye movement data, collected during natural reading of a human translation and a machine translation of a full novel (paper).
- Luna presented work on aspect-based emotion analysis (ABEA) and multimodal coreference based on a newly collected dataset (4,900 comments on 175 images) which was annotated with both aspect and emotion labels (paper).
- Yet another resource was presented by Bram, LeContra, which is a learner corpus consisting of English-to-Dutch news translations enriched with translation process data (paper).
- Friday and Saturday, the two-day SIGUL workshop took place at which Pranay presented his work on cross-lingual transfer using the anchor-based approach for English and Hindi (paper). At the same workshop A. Seza presented joint work on Language Technologies for Low Resource Languages: Sociolinguistic and Multilingual Insights (paper).